Bluehost is one of the first few hosting services ever created. It was launched in 1996. Since then, it has evolved into a sophisticated web hosting company. Every website on the internet is uploaded on a server or a hosting service.
A website can only be live on the internet if it is attached to a hosting service. Bluehost does precisely that. It provides companies and individuals with bandwidth and storage space.
WordPress powers 39% of the internet. It is a high-end content management system. Most people use WordPress to make their personal websites. Bluehost has many advantages.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Bluehost
- Bluehost is the most experienced hosting service on the web.
- Their payment plans are affordable. They are cheaper than most hosting services.
- WordPress strongly recommends Bluehost as a hosting service. WP also offers discounts for people who choose Bluehost’s services through them.
- It allows you to set up your website with ease.
- Bluehost provides excellent customer service. Their customer care representatives are polite and resolve issues effectively.
- It gives excellent uptime. Load time is significant for SEO. With Bluehost hosting packages, you can expect a quick load time.
- Bluehost allows you to set up your email accounts with ease.
- It provides free SSL services with its hosting packages.
- You can quickly transfer your domain name to Bluehost.
- Bluehost has an excellent user interface that is suitable for beginners.
- They have a great dashboard and c-panel tools. These tools are frequently updated and are in line with the current website hosting trends.
- Bluehost’s hosting tools are intuitive.
- Bluehost doesn’t offer flexible pricing plans.
- It is hard to find discounts during renewal.
- The turnaround time for resolutions is slow.
- Bluehost could improve its customer service through calls.
- They do not offer free trials.
- Bluehost does not provide a freemium service.
Creating A Website With Bluehost
Creating a personal brand has become a necessity. Professionals from different industries are focusing all their attention on building a personal brand. You can build a personal brand by creating a website.
Websites make you stand out from the crowd. Everyone has a social media profile. But if you want to get noticed, then it is vital to building a website.
Personal websites help freelancers convert potential clients into paying customers. Job seekers can get better employment opportunities if they have a personal brand.
With Bluehost, you can create any website you need. Personal brands require a fully responsive, high-end design. Bluehost’s partnership with WordPress helps you make the website of your dreams.
Defining your personal brand is vital. You need to know exactly what your brand stands for. What would you like to showcase on your website? What kind of brand identity would you like to create?
Only after understanding the core nature of your brand can you begin creating your website. It would be best if you made a mind map for your brand.
Your strengths, weaknesses, value, and uniqueness must be jotted down. Your personal brand will define the way people see you. A website will decide the kind of impression you have on people.
The design needs to be sleek, the color tones should be sober, and most importantly, your content needs to be concise. All of these things together create a perfect concoction for a personal brand.
Now that the blueprint of your brand is ready, you can go ahead and start building your website.
Step #1: Choose a domain name
The first step to creating a website is choosing a domain name. Once you figure out your domain name, you can log on to Bluehost and check if the domain name is available.
Bluehost provides a free domain with its hosting service. So, it is better to purchase a hosting service instead of purchasing the domain name and hosting service separately.
Once your figure out your domain name, you can move to the next step.
Step #2: Pick a hosting plan
The second step involves choosing a hosting service. Bluehost is one of the best hosting services on the web. You can go through the options and choose a pricing plan.
When picking a hosting option, you need to check the bandwidth and the storage that the plan provides. Good bandwidth is vital for any website. Your website will be uploaded to the hosting service.
Through the hosting, your website will go live on the internet. A good bandwidth will improve the loading time of your website. Have you ever noticed websites that take ages to load?
That is because their hosting service is weak. They do not have enough bandwidth or storage. You need to make sure to have good storage too.
All the pictures, videos, audio, and other content you upload on your website is stored on a cloud. So make sure you opt for a plan that provides sufficient storage space.
Step #3: Select a WordPress Τemplate
Bluehost comes with an in-built WordPress builder. Once you select the hosting plan, go to WordPress and choose a template that fits your brand. You can use WordPress for free.
Some templates are free, and some are paid. You can select anyone you like. If you have a tight budget, then go for the free one. All WordPress templates are professionally designed.
The free ones might have fewer features. So, pick one that has the right features.
Step #4: Connect Your Template to Your Hosting
Now that you’ve selected a template. You can upload it to the hosting service. Bluehost allows you to do this with ease. You can follow the free tutorials provided by Bluehost and WordPress.
If this isn’t enough, you can seek help from free online videos. That will do the trick. If you have purchased your domain from a different company, you will have to plug it in separately.
Bluehost will take a few hours to activate your domain. Once your domain and template are plugged into your hosting service, you can start designing your template.
Step #5: Customize Υour Τemplate
Now that everything is set, you can start customizing your template. WordPress allows you to redesign your template from scratch. It is not necessary. Many templates give you the option of importing the template.
You can use it exactly how it is, or you can change a few widgets here and there. Then you can upload your pictures, videos, create a menu, add pages, and so on. You can also add other plug-ins to your WordPress site.
These plug-ins allow you to add advanced features to your website. Customization can take a little time. Make sure you take as much time as you need. Now that your website is ready, you can move onto the next step.
Step #6: Optimize Your Website
Designing a high-end website is not enough. It would help if you optimized it for search engines. Search engines like google, yahoo, and Bing, expect you to follow specific website standards.
WordPress offers a high-end plug-in for SEO. Download Yoast from WordPress’s app market and plug it into your website. It will ask you to add metadata, alt tags, keywords, and so on.
Once you’ve got a good SEO score by Yoast, your website is ready.
Step #7: Publish Your Website
Now that your website is ready, you can go ahead and publish it. Don’t publish your website until it’s ready. Publishing a poorly done website can adversely affect your SEO score. So make sure you publish it once everything is done.
Just follow these simple steps, and you will have a website ready in no time!
Notable Bluehost Features
Bluehost has been in the hosting game for decades. The reason it has been so consistently
successful is because of its extraordinary features.
- Speed: Bluehost provides an optimum load time for your website. The average load time recorded by Bluehost is 2.98 secs. The fastest load time for any website hosted by Bluehost was 0.00 seconds, and the lowest was 9.17 secs. You can run a speed test on websites that use Bluehost’s hosting service. The speed test will give you real-time results. A website’s load time also depends on uptime and downtime. So make sure you consider all the factors before you make a decision.
- Security: Bluehost provides free SSL certificates with their hosting plans. SSL certificates ensure that the information provided by you or your customers is always protected.
- Customer Support: Bluehost’s customer support is impeccable. The customer care representatives have excellent technical knowledge and help you resolve your issues with ease. You can quickly get in touch with them. The team is polite and patient.
Bluehost Vs. Competitors
Bluehost’s pricing plans are unbeatable. Their lowest pricing plan is under $3/month. Bluehost provides value for money. Their prices are reasonable and affordable.
Another added advantage of Bluehost is its partnership with WordPress. If you choose to make your website using WordPress, you can take advantage of multiple offers.
And lastly, Bluehost has been in the hosting field for years. It is the granddaddy of hosting. Bluehost constantly evolves. It is a reliable brand used by thousands of people.
Building a personal website is easier now than it ever was. With Bluehost’s extraordinary services, anyone can create a unique website in no time!
All you have to do is pick the right domain, select a reasonable pricing plan and start building!